Homemade Spaghetti Sauce w/ Meatballs!
1 medium onion, finely chopped (about ½ cup) ~ or equivlient of Minced Onion
Can omit ~ 1 green pepper, finely chopped ~ Can OMIT
2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce,
2 cans (6 oz each) tomato paste,
can Omit ~ 1 can (up to 7 ½ ox) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced ~ Can OMIT
2 envelopes (1 /1/ ounces each) Spaghettie Sauce Mix
3 cups water,
1 cube (or 1 tbsp) beef boullion
1 tablespoon (white) sugar,
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
2 cloves garlic, crushed (minced)
1 bay leaf,
- Cook onion and green peppers until tender.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, one by one – still on high heat
- Cover, reduce heat to low, simmer about 1 ½ hours – stir occasionally.
- OR – transfer to crockpot or similar slow cooker and heat on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- (About one hour into cooking, add meatballs to sauce – and continue heating/cooking)
1 ½ pounds ground beef,
1 medium onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
¾ cup oatmeal (or dried bread crumbs)
1 tablespoon snipped parsley (fresh is best, dried works in a pinch)
up to 1 and ½ teaspoons salt
minimum of ¼ teaspoon pepper,
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ cup milk
¼ cup salad oil.
- Mix all ingredients – from ground beef down to milk – in bowl.
- Shape uncooked meat-mixture into balls, using rounded tablespoonfuls
- In large skillet, cook meatballs in oil about 20 minutes – or until done.
- While the Spaghetti sauce is still cooking, add homemade meatballs to sauce, and continue cooking. (recommendation: add meatballs one hour into cooking, or when half-an-hour or so remains).
This should make about 8 servings. (can reduce tomato sauce and tomato paste, or add other spices and flavors to personal preference).